I am not going to go into the history of the Ouija board in this post, but I am going to tell you my personal set of rules when you play with a board. There are many sites out there that explain what the board’s history is, and rules on how to use it. I would look into many sources to see what you believe about the board.
The board can be a useful tool, if used by a responsible and knowledgeable person or group of people. If you are super religious in a monotheistic way, it is best to stay completely away from it. The reason for this, is that you would invite negative spirits in just by the guilt you will feel from playing with it. Belief is very powerful, and you will probably not get the results you are looking for. Basically, if you feel fear at all, don’t do it. I cannot stress this enough.
People who don’t know what they are doing, tend to forget that they shouldn’t be playing with demons and such on there. They seems to be looking for a little danger, and forget they are messing with forces that they don’t completely understand. The spirit or entity could stay behind if you don’t properly close the ritual of sorts that you have created. It’s sad, because the Ouija can actually be useful. Everything you do when it comes to spirit should be done with intention, not with seeing if it works or whatever.
So here is my list of Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to the responsible use of the Ouija.
- A cleansing ritual before using the board. Cleanse everyone who is going to use the board, the room where the board is going to be used, and even the board itself. This can be done by burning sage, and using the smoke to clear any negative energy that would be present.
- Have a specific person or entity you wish to contact. Ask for your guardian angel, a family member, or whomever you wish to contact. Preferably the spirit or entity would be something or someone that feels positive.
- Ask for specific proof that isn’t going to scare the crap out of you. You could have them knock, flicker a candle, or if using the board for divination, ask for a specific sign that what they are saying is true.
- Be comfortable. The more comfortable you are, the less likely you are to feel weak while using the board. The stronger you are the less likely that negative things will be able to attach themselves to you.
- Be cordial. Ask the spirit or entity questions in a manner that doesn’t make them angry.
- Say goodbye when you are done. If you feel unsettled by the experience, cleanse the room, board, and others again.
- Use drugs or drink before using the board. This makes sure that you are not in control, and you need to be the one in control the whole time while using the board.
- Use if you are really religious. This just invites in the negative entities, because you already feel like the board does this.
- Let the board act in a frantic manner. Don’t let the planchette go from letter to letter really fast with no rhyme or reason. Tell it to STOP. You are in control. If you don’t feel as if you are, say goodbye, and cleanse.
- Use while hungry. This weakens the aura. You may feel sick. Plus, using any sort of device for divination or anything like that tends to make you tired, and feel drained.
- Be Rude. You wouldn’t like it if someone was demanding things of you. However, being assertive when necessary is different. Don’t be a pansy, but don’t be a jerk either.
- Use if you have no prior knowledge of the occult, new age, or any other type of spirituality. You wouldn’t know what to expect, or even how to do a cleansing ritual, so it is not advised. Doing research before any sort of ritual or spiritual experience is always necessary.
I personally, have never had a problem with my boards. They do work, and sometimes they even draw pictures of things. So, enjoy and be careful.
For more on the board visit this site: